NCAN is excited to announce the Call For Proposals to present at our 2017 national conference, Making Waves in Postsecondary Access and Success. This year’s conference will take place on September 11-13 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina in San Diego, California. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present at this year’s conference. Proposals must be submitted by March 17.
Over 1,000 people attended the 2016 NCAN conference in Detroit where we presented four pre-conference sessions and over 70 workshop sessions. We anticipate the same for this year.
The Major Topics for the 2017 NCAN National Conference are:
- Connecting College and Career Success
- Equity and Opportunity
- Financial Aid and Literacy
- Management and Leadership
- Networks and Collective Impact
- Policy and Advocacy
- Postsecondary Access and Readiness
- Research, Data, and Evaluation
- Student Success in Postsecondary Education
For a detailed description of each major topic, click here.
The Conference Session Formats are:
- Effective Practices sessions are “traditional” conference sessions with a panel/presentation and time for audience question and answer. Participants should come away with a new idea or strategy to implement when they get home. Effective Practice Sessions will be either 60 or 75 minutes in length.
- 7-14-28 presentations are seven minutes in length, feature a maximum of 14 power point slides, with a minimum font size of 28 point. These are fast-paced, concise presentations of ideas, research, outcomes and/or solutions. Related 7-14-28 presentations will be presented consecutively and in one session, during which audience members will listen to each presentation and then have time to discuss their thoughts and learnings. We encourage you to submit a proposal to present in this innovative format!
Submit a proposal now!
Last year we received many more proposals than available time slots so this process has become increasingly competitive.
Pro tip: the majority of submissions we receive fall into the areas of postsecondary access and success. Increase your chances of being selected by submitting a high quality proposal in one of the other tracks!
NCAN hosted a webinar on February 22 Writing a Winning Proposal, during which we provided an overview of the conference, walked through the process of submitting a proposal, and offered some tips for writing a winning proposal. Click here to listen to the recording. We encourage you to submit a proposal and join us in San Diego!